homestead - Re: [Homestead] The latest meat eaters' dilemma

  • From: "Wendy" <crazygardens AT verizon.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] The latest meat eaters' dilemma
  • Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 08:53:03 -0500

I am one of those who almost never partakes. For the most part, I eat vegetarian, although I do not call myself a vegetarian. Occasionally I eat meat, mostly poultry and fish. On a rare event I eat beef. This past hunting season, I got some venison burger and served it with spaghetti. I can't remember the last time I ate a steak. I never eat pork in anything, anytime, anyplace, anyhow.

Wendy

At our local cattleman's association meeting this
factoid was mentioned. The average person eats beef
1.7 times per week. I guess that was the nation as a
whole. Lots of people eat several burgers a day, so
there must be lots who never partake.
Van Dell