homestead - Re: [Homestead] I'm back

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] I'm back
  • Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 20:25:19 -0800

Might have been a coydog. There are getting to be more and more of them. Unfortunately they seem to get the best of both, size from the dogs and the smarts of the coyote.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>

Coyotes sound awful, and I've heard some terrible stories of people
losing lambs, kids, and small pets, but I'm betting they mostly eat
small things, like mice and voles and maybe even moles. They *are*
getting rather large around here. My sister saw one this week that she
mistook at first for one of my mother's rather large dogs. The ones
I've seen have been taller than GSDs but my leaner and rangier.

On the whole, however, shooting predators doesn't generally do much
except give the shooter some satisfaction.

Marie