homestead - Re: [Homestead] I'm back

  • From: Mogrits <mogrits AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] I'm back
  • Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 15:25:22 -0500

They are "my ducks", in that I bought them as ducklings and fed them
scratch feed and protected them until they could fend for themselves
at which time I released them onto the pond. I still feed them on
occasion but no longer have to do so.

The ducks are far from useless. They've provided (as the survivors do
yet) hours of entertainment for my family. I suspect they are just
this minute providing a focus for the hawks attention, and their value
as hawk-feed is indisputable.

I never asked for a solution to the hawk eating the ducks. A hawk has
to eat, after all.

Warren