homestead - Re: [Homestead] I'm back

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] I'm back
  • Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 15:57:09 -0700

I never asked for a solution to the hawk eating the ducks. A hawk has
to eat, after all.

Quite right. Hawks do have to eat if they are to live. Homesteaders typically put the feeding of themselves and their families ahead of predators. I think this is the first time a homestead list member has said they are okay with losing livestock to predators. I certainly expected that you wanted it stopped. One more lesson in not assuming.