homestead - [Homestead] New Belgium Brewery is NOT owned by Anheuser Busch!

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: Homestead <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] New Belgium Brewery is NOT owned by Anheuser Busch!
  • Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 17:17:05 -0700

My kind of people. Here is the reply to my query:

Dear Gene,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your thoughts. If you can please tell me where your Trader Joe's is located I will send one of our Beer Rangers out there immediately to check on the Blue Paddle, and get blue on the check out clerks: NOOOOO!!! The rumor is absolutely not true, and it pains us so much to hear this pop up from time to time. Silly gibberish from who knows where. AB has not purchased New Belgium Brewery. Yuck. We are proud to be a wind powered/employee owned brewery, and uniquely us. Check out our website http://www.newbelgium.com/index.php

Now, as a thank you I would like to send you a t-shirt. Please include you t-shirt size with your reply, and I will send it out directly.

Garth Bontrager
Quality Assurance Analyst
New Belgium Brewing Company, Inc.