homestead - Re: [Homestead] Chicken door nomenclature

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Chicken door nomenclature
  • Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 00:11:08 -0600

On 1/13/07, Lynda <lurine AT softcom.net> wrote:
I'm the wrong person to ask. Grampa was Wiyot and, as is traditional with
most of the People, everything had nicknames. Gramma was raised by a German

It has been my motherr's complaint for years that she once knew the
name of every weed there is.... but all in German. Over the years
she's forgotten the German names, though she still knows what is good
for what.

She's very good on bird calls though. Her grandparents hadn't a clue
to bird names, so she had to figure them out on her own.

Marie