homestead - Re: [Homestead] Chicken door nomenclature

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Chicken door nomenclature
  • Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 21:56:13 -0800

I grew up with a double dose of RC. One was from my nanny and the second was Grampa Charlie (my step-dad's father) who was from TN and he always brought a 6-pack for us kids when he came to visit. He seemed to think we were deprived because my Dad was way ahead of his time. Only whole wheat bread, no candy, no sodas, salad every night with dinner and lots of fresh veggies that he'd buy on the way home from a local farmer. Plus we always had a small veggie garden and fruit trees in our backyard.

Anyone else remember the "coins" under the bottle caps that you could collect and then trade in for a bottle of RC?

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: <Clansgian AT wmconnect.com>

It's the land of Coke because you are too close to Atlanta. Here in
Tennessee it's RC all the way. That and Dr. Pepper which was concocted by a phamacist
in Rural Retreat a few miles from here.