homestead - Re: [Homestead] Shaping our thinking

  • From: Rob <becida AT comcast.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Shaping our thinking
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 22:56:53 -0800

At 1/10/2007 01:52 PM,EarthNSky wrote:

Gene GeRue wrote:
> I post this to again remind us that a great deal of what we read and
> tend to believe is "news" that is manufactured and manipulated by
> some entity other than the ostensible author. Never forget, let the
> reader beware.

Take that iceshelf collapse in the Artic. That happened months ago, but
is just now being reported in the mainstream.
I often wonder about the timing of stories.
The story you quoted reminds me again of how big business and the media
shape our thinking, from tobacco, to oil, to parasites, to health
consciousness, to drugs, etc. ad nauseum. Thanks..

Bev

The media these days, ALL the media is corporate owned. Lot's of corporations these days are larger than many governments.
Picture the business owners in a small town getting together for breakfast once a month or so to just talk about how things are going... put that on a lager scale & wonder why the news seems manipulated.

Rob
becida AT comcast.net