homestead - Re: [Homestead] Shaping our thinking

  • From: clhw AT InfoAve.Net (clhw)
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Shaping our thinking
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 09:11:06 -0400

Please re-read my second sentence. I said:
IN EUROPE, ESPECIALLY....

Maybe you're not telling me I was wrong, but I did say in Europe.
It may have just been the people in our rural county which had not dealt
with many refugees in decades. Most immigrants (legal) go for their own
medical care, not for the health department's variety.

Now, the largest non-English speaking population which goes to the Dept. of
Social Services is Ukranian, so they are probably much more aware,
including checking for signs of developmental anomalies caused by
Chernobyl.