homestead - Re: [Homestead] Seed saving questions

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Seed saving questions
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 14:47:30 -0500

clhw wrote:
Maybe you know -- what is the innoculant routinely recommended for treating
peas? You mix it up, soak them in it about 8 hours, and then plant them.
Without it, germination is extremely slow.

I actually have some...<g>
Nature's Aid
Contains Rhizobium leguminosarum, biovars viceae and phaseoli, and bradyrhozobium spp.
Whatever all that is... :) Various bacteria species I suppose...
I got it from Gardens Alive, I think, supposedly an all natural legume inoculant.
Gosh, I never even thought about inoculants...
The package says: "Bacteria contained in the inoculant converts nitrogen from the air into a form available to the plant."
So cool! Thanks Lynn!!!

Bev
--
Bevanron of EarthNSky Farm Sleep well tonight, for somewhere in the ocean's depths, MY son is protecting YOUR freedom.