homestead - Re: [Homestead] Seed saving questions

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Seed saving questions
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 22:16:01 EST

> I think, but the Krim and the CP kinda look the same to me.

Yeah, they both look like road kill.

I grew Black Krim (and the closely related, looks exactly alike to me, Black
Prince). Very nice tomatoes, very, very good flavor .... but that color.
"Black" and "purple" (in the case of the Cherokee are definate euphamisms.
Both
look like dull moldering brown to me. The Black Krim made the very best
juice
I've ever made, but I could only pass it off on the folk at breakfast, in the
dark, before they were awake. In the moring sun it got the invariable
response, "Eeeeewwww! What's this stuff, it looks like .... road kill
juice!"