homestead - Re: [Homestead] Design dilemma

  • From: "Wendy" <crazygardens AT verizon.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Design dilemma
  • Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 07:37:24 -0500

Bev, a number of years ago Tvo posted some stuff about hypertufa. You make it from various dried vegetation, like chopped straw or peat, cement, and sand. It forms a semi-porous rock-like material. You can make hypertufa in any form you want. I have been contemplating re-making my raised beds with hypertufa sides. I think it is realy cool looking. Here is a link. Google hypertufa to find lots more.

http://www.efildoog-nz.com/hypertufa.htm

Wendy