homestead - Re: [Homestead] Homestead Resolutions for 2007

  • From: "Gloria Morris" <gloriamorris59 AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Homestead Resolutions for 2007
  • Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 08:03:03 -0600

As you all know, I'm starting afresh with a new homestead, so my goals for
the coming year are pretty lofty. I've no idea how much of this I will
accomplish, but here's what I'd like to have done by this time a year from
now:

1. Build a barnyard fence, so that the pasture won't be destroyed from over
grazing.
2. Install a woodburning stove in the living room.
3. Install a double-pole double-throw cut-off switch so that I can power the
place with my generator during black-outs.
4. Run a water-line out close to the shed.
5. Build a chicken house in the dog kennel which will become my chicken run,
and get some chicks this spring (I adore Light Brahmas, so I'll undoubtedly
get those again).
6. Plant some dwarf fruit trees.
7. Start a garden.
8. Acquire a chain saw and take out some dead and dying trees in the woods,
turning them into firewood.
9. Ride, ride, ride, ride, ride in the forest, and begin to learn the 250
miles of trails and fire lanes near my house.

Gloria