homestead - [Homestead] A Wonderful Christmas and Hopes for 2007

  • From: "Gloria Morris" <gloriamorris59 AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] A Wonderful Christmas and Hopes for 2007
  • Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 07:42:33 -0600

Hey, All!

Saturday, I got my horse moved back to Illinois from Missouri, along with
enough hay to tide him over until spring. Moving that much hay left me
pretty sore, but I'm recovered now. It must have been quite a sight, my ole
truck loaded with hay, pulling a big stock trailer with more hay and one
horse down the Interstate amidst all the Christmas traffic! My horse is
staying with me at my folks' pending the next part of my move. It is so nice
to have him with me again.

Sunday, my son and I finished building the pasture fence at my new place, so
it is now ready for a horse and goats when I close on the house next week.
We were blessed to have good weather to do it! I'll have more fence to build
over time, of course, but I have the critical fence in place. The relief I
felt after completing that project was so great it was as if a physical
weight had been removed from me. Whew!

Christmas was a lovely, quiet day with family. I spent some time with my
horse, just enjoying his company. Peace and tranquility ruled the day. I'm
very much looking forward to next week, when I close on my new homestead and
begin 2007 with hope and promise.

Best wishes to all of you for a wonderful 2007!

Gloria