homestead - Re: [Homestead] Homestead Resolutions for 2007

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Homestead Resolutions for 2007
  • Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2006 03:11:09 -0700

Did you have both
shingles and pneumonia this year?

The pneumonia was some years ago. The sciatica began about a year ago and was followed a couple months later with shingles. Nearly a year later I still have a bit of red on my rib cage from the shingles. In all three cases, I attribute the dis-ease to stress, something which is under my control but cocky me, I blew it.

Aren't you in Phoenix now? It's none of my business, but are you living
part of the time in Phoenix and part of the time in Missouri? How do
you manage that? Writing must be more lucrative than I thought if you
can afford to shuttle back and forth. What's the story, Gene?

Of course it's your business. We are in this business of life together. Besides, my life is an open book.

Writing is not lucrative. Arizona real estate is lucrative. That is the story.

Yes, we are in Phoenix. We have kept this house a year more than we normally would have because of the very strong appreciation. This has been a superb investment and continues to generate more profit than any other investment available. We will sell the house this coming spring or, if the market is weak, rent it out for a year. It is a pain to move back and forth, although I must say that spending winter in Phoenix is a climatic luxury.