homestead - Re: [Homestead] Power

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Power
  • Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 09:06:46 -0500

On 12/19/06, Rob <becida AT comcast.net> wrote:

I slept thru the storm <g>, I woke up and it was dark & later than it
should have been on a work day. The loss of electricity was a pain in
the butt, nothing worked but that only lasted less than 48 hrs.

Heard on the news yesterday some have been without power for more than 4
days. It goes from novelty to no fun after day two from my one experience
when our power was out longer than two days when a hurricane blew through in
04.

One think I would like is one of those hand crank radios (AM/FM/SW),
not just because I'm worried about losing power but I like things
that don't need batteries. It would be good fun to take camping.

And also those hand crank flashlights, I think that would be great. No
worries about batteries at all. Wish we'd had this discussion earlier,
wanted to get my boys hand crank flashlights for Christmas and forgot all
about it.

Lisa