homestead - Re: [Homestead] Power

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Power
  • Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 10:29:50 -0500

One think I would like is one of those hand crank radios (AM/FM/SW),
not just because I'm worried about losing power but I like things
that don't need batteries. It would be good fun to take camping.

And also those hand crank flashlights, I think that would be great. No
worries about batteries at all. Wish we'd had this discussion earlier,
wanted to get my boys hand crank flashlights for Christmas and forgot all
about it.

I have a Baygen, and it gets used several times a year. It picks up a
signal, even under blankets in a closet when I am ducking and covering.
:) I have an old one, with just radio and shortwave. One with a light
would be totally cool.

Bev
34.498N 85.076W Bev is Earth, Ron is Sky