homestead - Re: [Homestead] Insurance

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Insurance
  • Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 18:41:34 -0800

<g> Good try. Let's pretend we don't get the point of the e-mail. Isn't working. You cherry picked the stats you wanted to mold to your argument. I simply provided the balance of the stats with an equally ridiculous outcome to point out how silly your twisting of stats is and that folks aren't as dumb as you think they are when you go off on one of your pontificating rants--I sit on high, I am all knowing, I will talk down to the unwashed masses who are not as enlightened as I am.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: <Clansgian AT wmconnect.com>

Regardless of smoking, eating or over-eating, age is the dominent factor in
who is diagnosed with cancer. 35% of the diagnosis are in women 65 to 79
years of age.

This is surely below your standards, Lynda. It's as ridiculous as saying (as
a Wizard of Id cartoon strip did) "He may not be much of a wizard, but I'll
give you this, he's persistent. He'll make that tide go out if it takes him
twelve hours!"

Along these lines, the greatest single factor in a car breaking down is the
number of miles on it. You reckon?

But just taking your numbers as you present them, the factors over which you
have control (except the age thing which is tautological and just silly)
still greatly outweigh the chance factors.

Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.