homestead - Re: [Homestead] Insurance

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Insurance
  • Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 09:27:52 EST

> Regardless of smoking, eating or over-eating, age is the dominent factor in
> who is diagnosed with cancer. 35% of the diagnosis are in women 65 to 79
> years of age.

This is surely below your standards, Lynda. It's as ridiculous as saying (as
a Wizard of Id cartoon strip did) "He may not be much of a wizard, but I'll
give you this, he's persistent. He'll make that tide go out if it takes him
twelve hours!"

Along these lines, the greatest single factor in a car breaking down is the
number of miles on it. You reckon?

But just taking your numbers as you present them, the factors over which you
have control (except the age thing which is tautological and just silly)
still greatly outweigh the chance factors.