homestead - Re: [Homestead] Jewelry

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Jewelry
  • Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2006 19:25:41 -0800

Try looking for estate agents that do auction appraisals in NYC. They handle lots of that type thing and they bring the big $$

Oh my GOD!
I think I am rich... :)
Most of her stuff is, from what I can tell, flapper style, 1920-1930
stuff, lots of crystals....I can't believe the prices on these things!
My grandmother was a flapper, born in 1907. I recall hearing about her
wild youth. Later, she became a professional seamstress and hatmaker,
and when she retired from that, she did a lot of beadwork, made some
jewelry, and cast acrylic knickknack stuff (like bunches of grapes and
such). She was quite crafty.
Do you have any more websites for me to look at along these lines?
THANKS Wen!