homestead - Re: [Homestead] Homestead Digest, Homestedaing partners

  • From: Cathy <goosecreekfarm AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Homestead Digest, Homestedaing partners
  • Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 19:20:19 -0500

Hi Gloria-

I've enjoyed reading this thread and the words of wisdom in it. I well know
how much less than satisfying things can be with the wrong person.
Unfortunately children are involved in my situation, making things much more
complicated.

Sounds like whatever type you are is the same kinda type I am--goal oriented
but not constantly busy.

Cathy
orienting toward new goals

On 11/27/06, Gloria Morris <gloriamorris59 AT gmail.com> wrote:

On 11/24/06, FranksFarm AT aol.com <FranksFarm AT aol.com> wrote:
> I'm wondering if our independence and mindset doesn't cause many
breakups with partners not so attuned:)

I expect that is part of it. Too, if you are independent-minded, it is
harder to convince yourself to stay in a situation which is bad for
you.

> Like some have said it's very hard meeting single folk in rural areas
that share your ideas/dreams. I'm not really anxious, or terribly lonely ,
but often feel life couild be much more satisfying with the right person.

Ah, yes. It can also be substantially less than satisfying with the
wrong person, so you are wise not to be anxious to change your
situation. As one friend succinctly put it: "You are perfectly capable
of making yourself miserable. You don't need a man to help you with
that!"

> But I'd like to hear from some type A personalities in good health in
35-50 range:) privately:)

I'm not really type A. I'm not sure what type I am. The personality
"types" have always confused the heck out of me, so perhaps someone
here can help me figure out where I fall in those types. I can be very
driven to get a project done, and I will stubbornly push myself almost
to the breaking point to accomplish that goal. I guess that is pretty
much type A behavior. My Dad used to say, when I was a child, that I
am a mule-headed little thing. <grin> But I can also be very content
to while away hours lost in a book, or staring at the flickering
flames of a fire, or happily spinning wool into yarn while falling
into a deep meditative state: I can be blissfully happy doing
absolutely NOTHING. And that is definitely not type A.

Gloria
Presently Typeless