homestead - Re: [Homestead] Homestead Digest, Homestedaing partners

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Homestead Digest, Homestedaing partners
  • Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2006 01:06:53 -0500

Wendy Gulliver wrote:
That's one of the "funny" things about me. I can be stubborn and very opinionated. I love a good discussion or debate on just about anything. (Most of you all know this.)

Noooooo, not you Wen...lol
For those that don't know, in the early days, Wendy and I had somewhat of an adversarial relationship. I really don't remember when we overcame that and became friends, but it happened. I think all of us "type A personalities"(as Frank calls us) women are real spitfires when we want to be, and even when we don't want to be. I think it just takes this sort of personality to live this life, in in small degrees...

When I'm around people of any gender and we
are just kicking back and b.s.'ing I have no problems. However, if I catch wind that some guy wants to explore a more serious relationship, the big thick wall goes up. Heaven forbid, if somebody just walks up to me cold and asks me out. It's all I can do not to run out the door. On day my oldest daughter and I were in a mall store discussing the artistic and marketing pros/cons of a large display. A man came up and joined in on the conversation. We suddenly had to leave. After we got out of earshot of the man the conversation went like this:

Mom, that man was hitting on you.
Yes, I know.
Mom, he seems very nice.
Yes, I know.
Mom, he's cute.
Yes, I know.
Mom, you're an ass.
Yes, I know.

That about sums it up.

LOL, Wendy, you're a trip...

Bev

34.498N 85.076W Bev is Earth, Ron is Sky