homestead - Re: [Homestead] Parasites, was Re: Fwd: [Raogk-chat] fleas

  • From: "Wendy Gulliver" <crazygardens AT verizon.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Parasites, was Re: Fwd: [Raogk-chat] fleas
  • Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2006 00:40:27 -0400

Hi Bev {{ hugs }},

I don't know where one could find statistics on this. The people I know who
use this have animal sanctuaries and use it for tape worms. I don't think
worms would be that rare with folks who live around a lot of animals
especially those who are fond of smooching on them. Unless you lay down and
cuddle with your critters, it probably wouldn't be much of a problem.

Wendy

Hi Wen,
This brings up something that I have always wondered about. I know
intestinal parasites are common in some countries, mainly due to poor
living conditions and contaminated drinking water. What I wonder is how
prevalent it is in the US. It's something that very few people talk
about other than mentioning children with pinworms. Surely the American
variety of homo sapiens is not immune. Is there any data on this in the
US?

Bev

Wendy Gulliver wrote:

I know people who use this on themselves for intestinal parasites.