homestead - Re: [Homestead] Fwd: [Raogk-chat] fleas

  • From: "Wendy Gulliver" <crazygardens AT verizon.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Fwd: [Raogk-chat] fleas
  • Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2006 00:03:35 -0400

Try diatomaceous earth (food grade not pool grade). Just dust it on. It abrades through the flea's exoskeleton and they dehydrate. Sprinkle it on the carpets and work it down into the fibers with a broom. Sprinkle it on the dog's sleeping area too. You can also put about a tablespoon in their feed and it will take care of worms too. Works for any other animal too. I know people who use this on themselves for intestinal parasites. Absolutely no nasty chemicals whatsoever.

Wendy

Found this message on another list I belong to. She
probably has an answer by now but I'm curious if there
are any brilliant ideas in here.
Van Dell