homestead - Re: [Homestead] Info on Snakes

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Info on Snakes
  • Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 12:10:01 -0500

He spent 4 days in the emergency vets ICU. However, this was only the
beginning. For over 8 months, Hector suffered from that bite. He had
several surgeries to remove necrotic tissue.

Snakes don't usually kill dogs or people but they can do serious damage. After the three months convalescence from my pygmy rattler bite the doc trimmed off the end of my toe which had turned black. We were both happy to see pink, healthy tissue below the necrotic stuff.