homestead - Re: [Homestead] Info on Snakes

  • From: "SISU!" <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Info on Snakes
  • Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 11:41:43 -0400

VAN DELL JORDAN wrote:

Make those two rattles into a pair of errings. That would
intimidate those snakes. Van Dell

As for responses to the ideas so far....anklets are out...my boots would
tear up and break the rattles....I don't usually wear a hat....and I
don't wear earrings. I didn't know about the taboo thing on
dreamcatchers....the lady who guided me on making my first one had
suggested that the things I add to one be something natural and of
meaning to me and the rattle just fit that mold. My personal
dreamcatcher right now has feathers, beads, and fur on it...but if it is
taboo to use part of a snake like that, I certainly don't want to do it.
Is it possible that it is taboo for some 'snake cult' tribes and not
taboo for other tribes? I like the earring idea best, but wonder if I
had rattles on my ears if I would even hear a rattlesnake should a
startle one...lol...might not be a good thing, but then again, the
slight rattle while walking around might turn into a reminder of what a
badass I can be....lol...
Keep those ideas coming, I love this...

Bev
--
Bevanron in NW Georgia EarthNSky Farm 34.498N 85.076W
SISU! (Finnish--There is no single word in English that encompasses