homestead - Re: [Homestead] Info on Snakes

  • From: "SISU!" <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Info on Snakes
  • Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 23:44:48 -0400

I actually did something like that today while doing chores...I started
talking aloud basically saying the bigger and badder and madder
part....and talking down to the unseen and probably non-existent snake
under the woodpile telling him what a coward he was for hiding from
me...I think I actually said something to the affect of come out and
fight like a man you SOB and we'll see who runs first...lol....of
course, I had my gun strapped to my leg and I was holding the weedeater,
so I felt pretty fearless at the time......lol...it was all bravado
though, cuz if I had had 3 arms, the third one would have had a hoe or
something....lol....ahhhh, the stress of weedeating the high
grass....fun in the summertime....and Gene, I even donned my bandana in
emulation...no snakes seen today, thankfully, and I was in places where
I would be if I were a snake....
Along the same subject, I now have two rattles as trophies of sorts...I
would like to do something with them but can't figure out what. My
first thought was to add them to my dreamcatcher, but I'm thinking there
must be something better I can do...anyone craft anything cool with
rattles? I would kind of like it to be like a charm of sorts, something
that would give me strength over the snake and make me mentally
fearless....any ideas?

Bev

Clansgian AT wmconnect.com wrote:

I am bigger and badder than any damn snake. I can kill them in a
blink and they can only make me uncomfortable. So look out for me,
you skinny, legless, hopeless critters

In other words: "Say yer prayers, ya pointy fanged galoot!"

--
erthnsky AT bellsouth.net BevanRon of EarthNSky Farm NW Georgia USDA Zone 7
34.498N 85.076W