homestead - Re: [Homestead] computer use

  • From: Bevanron <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] computer use
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2006 10:09:29 -0400

Tim Oppenheim wrote:

Bev,
There is a new provider called Wild Blue, but I believe they are about as
expensive. Who needs more that 28 k dial up anyway?
Barrrumph!

Oh, and for the most part, I am used to my 24k dialup. The problem is that I can't open news video feeds or any other large file. It can take over 20 minutes to load something that only plays for a minute. I can't get software upgrades, because half the time, even zipped files get corrupted in the lengthy hours long transfer process. More and more news sites are going to video clips instead of print stories, and I can't see them!

erthnsky AT bellsouth.net BevanRon of EarthNSky Farm NW Georgia USDA Zone 7
34.498N 85.076W