homestead - Re: [Homestead] Chicken tractor

  • From: Kathyann <knat AT sprintmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Chicken tractor
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 15:24:10 -0500

Our mobile henhouse is built on a trailer and has a wire skirt that drops down to ground. It has some play to deal mostly w uneven ground but in some prowling situations we also pull a cord to close hatch to underneath after they're up to roost. Most nights we (re rather they) take their chances. Other house is built into deck by bedroom window. I'd rather wake up and throw a rock than wait for the last straggler and button it up.
Kathyann