homestead - Re: [Homestead] A point of view

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT dtnspeed.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] A point of view
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 22:03:56 -0600

<<Now you just said no one was getting any body armor because the bush admin

didn't care or couldnt make a profit from this, and now you say they are
issuing it, so which is it.? The press conference yesterday was where the
quote
about the reimbursals for body armor was brought up, and it was stated that

anyone else purchasing their own would be reimbursed as well.\\>>

I don't believe I said that in this discussion. If you go back you will see
that I commented (a couple of days ago) on soldiers being forbidden to bring
the armor that they had purchased with them to Iraq because the Army had
issued them armor, which the Army said was the only armor allowed.

I suspect that the contractor selling that armor has made an investment in
the government.

Marie