homestead - Re: [Homestead] A point of view

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT dtnspeed.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] A point of view
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 23:13:58 -0600

I wrote:

<<The one story I did read -- and I'm sorry but I can't remember
>where it was, though it was mainstream -- indicated that many troops had
>armor that they had to leave behind.>>

And Don helped me a bit:

<<It was in the local paper sometime within the last several weeks.>>

Local papers generally indicate that the source is AP. I found these stories
with an AP search:

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/B/BODY_ARMOR?SITE=NYNYP&SECTION=HOME&TE
MPLATE=DEFAULT

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/I/IRAQ_SUPER_HUMVEES?SITE=NYNYP&SECTION
=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

I found this story on a non-MSM site:
http://www.sftt.org/main.cfm?actionId=globalShowStaticContent&screenKey=cmpD
efense&htmlCategoryID=30&htmlId=4514

My first thought was that the Dragon Skin people didn't have good lobbyists.
Wonder why I would think that? But I dunno.

Soldiers on the ground know what's going on around them, but -- like the
rest of us -- may not have access to the bigger picture and salient facts.

Marie