homestead - Re: [Homestead] A point of view

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] A point of view
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 17:28:33 -0800

Well, there is body armor and their is body armor and needless to say, the government is buying the cheap, old-type and heavy stuff. The stuff we were ordering 10 years ago was "relatively" light weight, being half the weight of the old stuff.

Plus, it really is time for the powers that be to rethink how much other crap these soldiers have to haul around with them. They aren't out in the jungles where they have to survive with what they can carry on their backs and belts!

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Magnus" <stinkfart AT gmail.com>

My friends that are serving over there right now say that the civilians and
the news have it all wrong; the armor in question is NOT WANTED as it
causes overheating, overloaded, and reduces mobility. They do want their
vehicles to be better armored.

I didn't vote for the guy, personally, but I think it would have been at
least as bad with The Other Guy (I didn't vote for him, either, but I did
vote!)

--
"The accumulation of all powers, legislative, executive, and judiciary, in
the same hands…may justly be pronounced the very definition of tyranny."