homestead - Re: [Homestead] A point of view

  • From: Magnus <stinkfart AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] A point of view
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 22:28:20 -0500

On 1/24/06, Magnus <stinkfart AT gmail.com> wrote:

> There are a LOT of myths out there about guns, what they are capable of,
> and what our boys in the sandbox are using (and what is being used against
> them). Most of the stuff you're getting from CNN is bunk. Not purely
> scientific, but very tangible results, check out
> http://www.theboxotruth.com/ which demonstrates what these guns will do to
> walls, water, sheet metal, light body armor, etc. Pay special attention to
> the differences between the pistol cartridges (which most cops are protected
> against) and the .30 caliber rifles (which our soldiers are more concerned
> with, and most cops are not protected against).

Just to reply to myself... or really to expound on what I was saying about
body armor, check out http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/bot16.htm which shows
Level IIIA body armor protection. This is roughly what our troops have when
they opt to wear the vests but not the ceramic plates that protect from
rifle fire.

Scroll all the way down to the bottom of that page... the last three
photographs... that shows what a Kalashnikov will do to someone wearing
light body armor. The heavy ceramic plates are necessary to stop that sort
of devastating force! Yet our soldiers largely choose to leave their plates
behind to be better able to work and move quickly.

--
"The accumulation of all powers, legislative, executive, and judiciary, in
the same hands…may justly be pronounced the very definition of tyranny."