homestead - Re: [Homestead] A point of view

  • From: Don Bowen <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] A point of view
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 20:51:46 -0800

At 1/24/2006, you wrote:
I won't dispute your assertion at this time, but I've seen no such stories
in the media. The one story I did read -- and I'm sorry but I can't remember
where it was, though it was mainstream -- indicated that many troops had
armor that they had to leave behind. Since so many of the recruits come from
rural areas where everyone knows everyone else, not all of the stories
coming home are cheerful about body armor.

It was in the local paper sometime within the last several weeks.

Don Bowen Awl Knotted Up
http://www.braingarage.com

My travel journal