homestead - Re: [Homestead] We could have told them that

  • From: Magnus <stinkfart AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] We could have told them that
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 16:24:31 -0500

On 1/5/06, Lisa K. V. Perry <lkvp AT floydva.net> wrote:

> Chant repeatedly to yourself the mantra "this is only temporary...."
> Less than one year to go! Good luck.

Well it's been about 3 years of "temporary" but the job market in NC has
bounced back enough to sustain our financial needs (which are getting to be
less and less with almost no debt now). We're just putting on a small but
super efficient modular home to try to keep ongoing costs down. While
they're clearing the lot to drop a house on it, I want to pay the excavation
crew some extra $$$ to clear a few more acres while they're out there to put
in a small pasture and big garden.