homestead - Re: [Homestead] We could have told them that

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] We could have told them that
  • Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 10:54:19 -0600

I am in a tract home with a HOA. I hate it. My depression is sinking to new depths and I am inventing projects just to keep busy.

HOAs are high on my disgust list. If I were in your situation I might plot schemes to drive HOA directors, managers and trouble-makers over the edge. Nothing illegal of course, nor blatantly breaking their rules, but finding cracks in their armor and teasing through. Some HOA nazis make it their primary work to find homeowners who have the wrong color curtains, leave something forbidden in the yard, play music too loud, work on cars in the driveway, or don't mow their lawn on schedule. To help such malcontents feel valuable, one might do them a service by giving them transgressions to report to the board. To maximize your pleasure, predict reactions to your actions and how long it will take to get a written response.