homestead - Re: [Homestead] We could have told them that

  • From: Don Bowen <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] We could have told them that
  • Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 14:29:15 -0800

At 1/5/2006, you wrote:
To help such malcontents
feel valuable, one might do them a service by giving them transgressions to
report to the board. To maximize your pleasure, predict reactions to your
actions and how long it will take to get a written response

Don't worry, we have received such letters. Grass growing in the cracks of the driveway. Painting without permission, planting without permission. A neighbor has nothing to do but call anyone he does not like in. I would like to call him in as his solution to any problem is to dump on the chemicals but that is allowed.

The rules say that you have to get permission to do any work over $500. You get permission by giving them $100 to study what you are doing and have your neighbors sign permission forms. They then bless you or not. I repainted the trim the color it was for a cost of a gallon of paint. We got the letter but they backed off when they were reminded of the rules. Same with digging out a place to store trash cane, total cost will be around $250.

Don Bowen Awl Knotted Up
http://www.braingarage.com

My travel journal