homestead - Re: [Homestead] Frustrations and place was: Wind powered beer

  • From: "WF Smith" <WarrenSmith AT PalmettoBuilders.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Frustrations and place was: Wind powered beer
  • Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 22:08:12 -0400

> As mentioned as I was travelling around I was looking for a place that I
> might like to stay for a while. I have looked over northern Missouri,
> parts of Iowa, south central Illinois, and eastern Kentucky. I
> have looked
> over much of North Carolina and I like what I have seen. There is a good
> local brewery scene and a couple of very good book stores. Land east of
> here is not very expensive, good weather, usually sufficient rain
> fall. I
> am no where near deciding where to park and there are some
> complications I
> have to work through this winter but I do like this place.
>

> Don Bowen Awl Knotted Up

Don, if you are in the Asheville area you are in the most expensive place
you could be within a 50 mile radius, maybe farther. If you're seriously
considering wintering out here let me know and I'll be glad to help you out.
The nearest city to where we live is Spartanburg, SC, about 70-75 miles east
of asheville as I-26 runs.

Warren