homestead - [Homestead] Frustrations and place was: Wind powered beer

  • From: Don Bowen <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Frustrations and place was: Wind powered beer
  • Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 20:51:55 -0400

soothing my soul right now as I type this at the end of a day dealing with
a broken universal joint on the backhoe. The 1554 makes it easier to mellow
out and think of more positive things.

Me too. I am thinking of where I can go paddle my new kayak. Trying not to think about the catalytic converter I paid to have put on the pickup today. It cost me about $75 to have someone else do the job while 2500 miles away I have the tools to do it myself. Of this travelling around, the biggest thing I miss is my shop. If I had my shop I could fix the jack screws rather than buying new screws. Oh well.

As mentioned as I was travelling around I was looking for a place that I might like to stay for a while. I have looked over northern Missouri, parts of Iowa, south central Illinois, and eastern Kentucky. I have looked over much of North Carolina and I like what I have seen. There is a good local brewery scene and a couple of very good book stores. Land east of here is not very expensive, good weather, usually sufficient rain fall. I am no where near deciding where to park and there are some complications I have to work through this winter but I do like this place.

Don Bowen Awl Knotted Up

My travel journal

My present location is the star on the map in the link below
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?latlongtype=decimal&latitude=35.588269&longitude=-82.629132