homestead - [Homestead] Good places to live

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Good places to live
  • Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 09:57:47 -0500

As mentioned as I was travelling around I was looking for a place that I
might like to stay for a while. I have looked over northern Missouri,
parts of Iowa, south central Illinois, and eastern Kentucky. I have looked
over much of North Carolina and I like what I have seen. There is a good
local brewery scene and a couple of very good book stores. Land east of
here is not very expensive, good weather, usually sufficient rain fall. I
am no where near deciding where to park and there are some complications I have to work through this winter but I do like this place.

When I last researched for my book, North Carolina was one of my favorite places. It has a good climate, balance of urban/rural, good educational facilities, and I like the topography. Some areas are becoming inundated by Halfbacks, the upper East Coast people who moved to Florida and then rejected the traffic, humidity and hurricanes and moved back north, but only halfway.