homestead - Re: [Homestead] globalism & isolationism- was B. C.'s latest achievement

  • From: Rob <becida AT comcast.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] globalism & isolationism- was B. C.'s latest achievement
  • Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2005 12:09:59 -0700

At 9/25/2005 11:20 AM, you wrote:
lBut consider the old, sequestered China versus the new
China. Where is our best place? Is there a good place between globalism and
isolationism? And is it achievable?

Q- A good place between globalism & isolationism in regards to China?
A- Nope.

China is on the move and they are able to take a "long term" view/plan. We see "long term" as a plan that runs to the next financial quarter.
It takes a lot of time and money to modernize your military, grow your economy, advance your technology, spread your "workers" all over the globe, secure your energy sources and establish yourself in space (sitting comfortably on top of Earth's gravity well). Of course a big technological break in nanotechnology might give you the edge to do things sooner. http://news.nanoapex.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=5005

Isolationism won't work for the USA of today, the world is getting too small and we are too big.

Rob
becida AT comcast.net