homestead - Re: [Homestead] Homesteading and controls on freedoms

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Homesteading and controls on freedoms
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 07:33:47 -0700

However, it sure would be nice to know that your fertile fields won't end
up a Wal-Mart when the city expands to the country and the rest of the city
thinks that eminent domain on your land sounds like a great idea.

If you choose land carefully that will never happen. And I know how large a word never is.

As it is, if
you defend yourself and kill the intruder, even if they meant to kill you
first, you may go to prison...especially if you used a gun for defense.

In our county, the judge says different.

It sure would be nice to know that you can put up a barn, house, shed, or
anything else you'd like to build without getting a permit to do it!

In our county, no permits needed except for septic.

It sure would be nice to know that you could sell your raw milk or freshly
baked goods for a profit. As it is you have to jump through hoops and get
yet another permit to do it!

Barter. Stay out of the system.

Homesteading allows one to separate themselves a bit from the intrusive
government that we have, and it is probably the best answer out there. But
as for the question of who'd like to "have every detail worked out to be
utterly free", I can honestly say that I would.

How long will you wait for the impossible dream?