homestead - Re: [Homestead] Homesteading and controls on freedoms

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Homesteading and controls on freedoms
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 06:38:53 -0700

He, my conversant across the fence, was by no means an utter
thrall to the system and I was not absolutely free of it. But the difference
between our levels of freedom was vast.

I remember the time some years back when I was without a road car. For four months I did not leave the hollow. It was delicious. I felt serene, total contentment. A luxury.

In fairness I must report that my neighbor friends insisted on calling me before they went to town, inquiring of what they could pick up for me. Very few things needed, mostly just dog food.