homestead - Re: [Homestead] The Land of the Free?

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] The Land of the Free?
  • Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2005 12:05:50 -0700

I said that he could eat all of the cookies he wanted ("Yay!" said he) provided *he* bought the ingredients and cooked them himself.

Well done, Melody.

Your example is apt, germane and to the point. Something there is about many of we adult humans that we would be as children, happily having less if someone else provides the desired thing. We want mommy and daddy forever. Organized religion plays to that same weakness. Religious, political and all sales masters understand that if they provide, or convince us that they will provide, at minimal pain, we will buy.

In our defense, as advanced as our intellect has become, we are animals. A full belly, a warm nest, successful reproduction, who needs more?