homestead - RE: [Homestead] The Land of the Free?

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT dtnspeed.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Homestead] The Land of the Free?
  • Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 22:21:43 -0500

<<In MN I could go down to the co-op and buy a number of [prescription-only
drugs] without a prescription. Of course they did not expect them to be used
on me.>>

Access to drugs intended for veterinary use are available without
prescription in most US states. Likewise, syringes and needles are also
available. I always found it amazing that needle-exchange programs were so
controversial when one could order a case of any size needle from a farm or
vet med catalog.

I don't know if Mexico has changed its policies in the last 30 or so years,
but you used to be able to buy pretty much anything you wanted in a Mexican
pharmacy.

Marie