homestead - RE: [Homestead] The Land of the Free?

  • From: "Melody O." <melody AT crecon.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: RE: [Homestead] The Land of the Free?
  • Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2005 23:12:50 -0600

At 09:57 PM 6/6/05 -0500, you wrote:
><<I wonder where they find the authority to [decide Congress has control
>over marijuana]. Certainly not
>from the Constitution, which means that legally they need an amendment to
>give them authority to regulate such things. >>
>
>The only reason this decision was possible was that the force of propaganda
>has equated marijuana with heroin and PCP.

The interesting thing is that there are so many mind altering, habit
forming drugs that *are* legal with a physician's prescription but
marijuana is seen as so *evil*.

There is morphine and codeine, just to name two. It really seems very
silly to me that *any* drug would be illegal with a prescription.

Of course it seems silly that we *have* to have a doctor's diagnosis and
prescription to get medication, but that is more than most people want to
think about.

Best wishes,
Melody