homestead - Re: [Homestead] . . . and the Home of the Complacent

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] . . . and the Home of the Complacent
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 17:51:50 EDT

Gene writes:

> I don't believe there is an answer to our eroding freedoms short of
> .

Absolutely so, but I am wondering if it need be a violent or bloody
revolution.

It isn't going to happen through election or legislation. There used to be
within living memory a time when there was a stigma of shame attached to
dependency. Sure, there were people who suffered because of it, willing to
put up
with deprivation in order to maintain face. Somewhere along the way we
(collectively) figured out we could just vote ourselves and easy life, vote
ourselves
someone else's money. There is no longer any shame associated with it. In
fact people are quite aloof about it.

Maybe the revolution will come from enough people opting out, as far as they
may, from that system and that whole mindset. don't think it would take all
that many of the right people managing their lives so as to not contribute to
the systsm to bring about its end.

James