homestead - Re: [Homestead] Home location, was water power

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Home location, was water power
  • Date: Sat, 04 Jun 2005 15:23:52 -0700

I have worked with Trex decking and consider that a viable option.

There are two articles in this month's Fine Homebuilding magazine on decks, one on framing and one on synthetic decking materials. They had one last month on porches. I've yet to read the decks articles but I know that Trex and other plastic woods are not structural. Whatever is used for joists either must be, ugh, treated wood or will rot if not built well above ground and protected from rain and snow.