homestead - Re: [Homestead] water power was: oil-poor world

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] water power was: oil-poor world
  • Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2005 07:59:41 -0700

Alas, the workshop and house are 75 feet higher than the streams.

With good design the ram pump will lift water several hundred feet in elevation. The Heartwood shack sits about 20 feet above the stream. The hill behind the house where the tanks will be buried is about three hundred feet higher, although I doubt I will put them that high. Head and volume can be traded.