homestead - Re: [Homestead] water power was: oil-poor world

  • From: Rob <becida AT comcast.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] water power was: oil-poor world
  • Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2005 17:00:32 -0700

At 6/3/2005 07:00 AM, you wrote:

I would flip on the table saw and it would
start up and run less than a minute before I had emptied the pool.

Imagine your 1600 gallons coming out in less than a minute <VBG>....

FWIW, I got the 1200 gallons as that's what I recalled the paperwork said with the pool (way back when <shrug>).

Ok here's how I 'saw' it. A 2" pipe coming out the bottom of the tank running down to the generator ( http://theepicenter.com/tow082099.html ). The 2" is reduced to 1/2" and that stream is directed to the (100 amp?) auto alternator, the hope is to get it up to 3600 rpm and produce the power you need.
This is all off the top of my head ... I'm guessing the ten feet high for the tank is not going to be enough. You could always just build the generator.

Rob

becida AT comcast.net
Western Washington State, USA